As an alliance of organizations and individuals committed to protecting the mountain resources of the Allegheny Highlands, it is our mission to:
- Advance public knowledge of the cultural and biological diversity, uniqueness, and ecological sensitivity of our mountains.
- Preserve and protect areas of particular scenic, geologic, biologic, historic, wilderness, and recreational importance.
- Aid in the creation and implementation of sustainable local, state and federal governmental policies for the conservation and wise management of energy, water, wildlife, and other natural resources.
- Conduct research and distribute information regarding the costs and benefits of renewable energy development on forested mountain ridges.
In fulfilling our mission, we seek to:
- Encourage Scientifically Based energy solutions that preserve and protect mountain resources.
- Promote communication and cooperation among members.
- Engage the public through dynamic educational programs.
- Collaborate with elected and appointed officials in policy development.
- Serve as an information clearinghouse.
Allegheny Highlands Alliance is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
FAIR USE NOTICE - This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the subject presented. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material contained in this document is distributed without profit for educational and research purposes. For more information go to this site. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.